Its the season of pumpkins. This year, I grew my own field pumpkins for my porch decorations and couldn’t be more proud. Pumpkins are a super fruit. The beautiful and vibrant orange color are only a tip of the iceberg. Pumpkins are a true embodiment of magnificent properties and characteristics. Pumpkin as a fruit is not only great for making pies and pastries, pumpkin seeds are a nutrient dense food and the oil that comes from the seeds are highly nutritious with multiple applications. It is known to lower cholesterol and inflammation in the body. It is also an amazing remedy for hair loss due to its anti-inflammatory properties for the scalp. We carry extra virgin organic pumpkin seed oil which is used extensively in the personal care and beauty industry. It not only moisturizes skin but it provides unmatched moisture and conditioning properties for hair as well.
This recipe uses pumpkin seed oil in addition to two other powerful ingredients cocoa butter and murumuru butter. The whipped end product is beyond rich and smooth. It stays nice and fluffy without hardening. However, to achieve the best results, you will need to follow the recipe and steps outlined. Furthermore, because cocoa butter is involved, it is important to ensure that you don’t refrigerate the butter for too long after melting in order to avoid a gritty butter.
Ingredients and measurements
- 8 oz Extra virgin organic pumpkin seed oil
- 4 oz Unrefined cocoa butter
- 8 oz Unrefined murumuru butter
- Essential oil of choice (optional)
- Arrowroot powder (optional)
- Measure out and combine the ingredients
- Melt the cocoa and murumuru butter
- Add 4 oz of the pumpkin seed oil
- Refrigerate the mixture until it looks firm and light brown
- Add 2 oz of the pumpkin seed oil and start whisking
- When the butter looks creamy, add the rest of the pumpkin seed oil plus your essential oil and whisk for the final time
- Add the arrowroot powder if available and stir
- You are done!
Let us know if you try this recipe. To view video clips of the recipe, visit our Instagram page. Remember to follow us on Instagram for coupon announcements as well.